Saturday, April 16, 2011

One Month till GRADUATION!! :)

Today is exactly four weeks until graduation! I cannot wait! That means surgery is just six and a half weeks away! As much as surgery seems scary, and I hate that it will take over most of my summer, at this point, the sooner the better. This week my hips, yes plural, have been terrible; my left hip has been in so much pain, even as soon as I wake up in the morning. I've had to sit as much as possible all week at school and I'm tempted to bring crutches next week. The only thing is, I don't want to look silly, since no one at the school where I teach knows I have hip problems. Because of my left hip bothering me so much, I've been putting all my weight on my right hip, so it is feeling a bit sore as well. I'm glad it didn't take any longer than it did to find out I have hip dysplasia, it would be terrible to have to live with this pain and having doctors not knowing what's wrong with me.
So, I got my blood type tested, I'm O-, and my dad was O+, so he is going to donate for me. My sisters still haven't got tested so my dad may donate two pints; he'll just have to wait a few weeks between each donation.
Over spring break I went to look at recliners, my parents and I figured that I'd be easier to have my bed and a recliner so that I'm not stuck in bed all day. I also got rid of a bunch of stuff in my room so that when I move back home it won't be too cluttered. I'll need plenty of room to move around with my crutches.

No comments:

Post a Comment