Sunday, May 8, 2011

Less that a Month to go

So there are about three and a half weeks until surgery...
Claire, a patient of Dr. Schrader, is now having her surgery the day after mine, so I will have a surgery buddy!! We've already agreed to have wheelchair races down the hospital hallways! haha
So I was given incorrect information, my dad cannot give me blood; as I am O-, I can only receive O- blood. My older sister, Heather, has O-, so she is going to donate; my little sister just got tested, so we'll see what she is soon.
I was asked to be a part of a study about the development of hip dysplasia. I was sent a questionnaire in the mail that I need to fill out, as well as a request to go to Dr. Schrader's physical therapist to test my strength before surgery. That is all I have been informed of as of yet, but I'll let you know more about it later.
Graduation is on Saturday!!! SATURDAY! I can't believe it's been five years already! I am soo excited!! Now, just to find a job!!

4 comments:

  1. Yay, good luck Kailey! I think mine is the day before yours? That is nice that you have a friend who will be with you at the same time and same hospital! It will all go very well. It really isn't as bad as you make it out to be. I'm looking forward to getting it done and onto recovery because of how well the left side went. So you too will be able to look forward to an awesome recovery(s)!!! Congrats on graduation too! : )

    ReplyDelete
  2. It will be great to have a PAO buddy at the hospital with you! That support from someone going through the same thing will probably be a big comfort - I know that just having friends online (who "got it") has been a huge help. My daughter and I had to fill out questionnaires too. Have to fill hers out tonight and get it sent back!

    Congratulations on graduation!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Well that's exciting! Scarlett's Daughter is having a PAO on May 31st as well... so four of us will be going through it together! We will all have a lot to talk about ;)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Yep, Chel (Scarlett) and I go to the same surgeon and we went through our LPAO's together (just 10 days apart)! :) So her daughter and I are now going through it together, literally same day, same surgeon, lol! It will be nice to have the 4 of us to support each other!

    ReplyDelete