Wednesday, January 5, 2011

A Date Has Been Set!

Yolanda called me this morning and we scheduled my surgery for Wednesday JUNE 1st!!
My mum's last day of work is on May 27th (she's a teacher), and Dr. Schrader only does surgery on Wednesdays and Fridays; Therefore, June 1st! Setting a date makes it all that more real. I DON'T WANNA HAVE SURGERY!
We're still working on the dates for the MRI; Yolanda said she would give me a call when she knows more details on what he wants. From reading others blogs about the MRI appointment disasters I'm ready to ask a lot of question and make sure everyone knows what the plans are, even me!


For those friends and family members that aren't familiar with blogs I figured I'd take this time to give you a little tour. On the right hand side of my blog are some links. First of all I have the link to Dr. Schrader's bio, in case anyone is interested in who my surgeon is. Secondly, under "other hip happening adventures," I have links to other ladies blogs, in particular "I am PAO'd" and "Limp along with Rachel" as they are both patients of Dr. Schrader. Lauren (I Am PAO'd), is currently going through her 2nd PAO and has offered to give all the help she can give. Thirdly, I have websites that links you to hip dysplasia related articles, such as sites that will explain Periacetabular Osteotomy (PAO), hip dysplasia and support group sites.

No comments:

Post a Comment