Tuesday, January 18, 2011

You're Kidding, Right? (no pun intended)

Today was my first day back at school. I stood for about 10 hours today!! 8 of which I was teaching little munchkins Science. I definitely forgot how much pain standing all day will put you through. I was great over Christmas break, I was actually beginning to think it was all in my head as I only really had pain when sleeping.
Not only has my left hip been in immense pain since being back from school today, but since Saturday my right hip has even been bothering me. My right hip has NEVER bothered me. It’s supposed to last me at least 5 more years! (My own mental goal). I don't know what I'm going to do with myself and I really wish I had pain killers to help me through the next 4 months until surgery. Maybe I'll take some Tylenol PM tonight and cross my fingers that it does something; at least help me sleep.
My friends have all been questioning me on whether I'm doing the right thing; is surgery the right way to go? Honestly, I don't know. But physical therapy doesn't work and neither does chiropractic (unless I went every other day, just to manage pain, not to actually fix my hips). I mean, honestly, do they think I want surgery? I've never had surgery, why would I jump at the chance now? I just want the chance of being able to walk without constant pain. I'm just hoping I'm not just caught up in the excitement of finally feeling that one of my many ailments can be fixed. Migraines and allergies have had no luck yet!
Any opinions/facts are greatly appreciated on the subject.

1 comment:

  1. If you want a chance to walk without constant pain then PAO is 1 of only 2 solutions - THR being the other. Not a good idea for some one of your age so park that idea. No one would go through PAO let alone do it a 2nd time if it wasn't the best option and if it didn't work. There is no way around it Hip Dysplasia is degenerative so it's only going to get worse with time. Surgery is the only possible option for pain relief. My two sense having been through one and currently recovering from my second.

    ReplyDelete