Thursday, May 19, 2011

Hectic day at the Doctor

Okay, so remember I said my appointment was on Tuesday!? Well apparently it's NEXT Tuesday. My Mum and my Dad both took off work to come with me and so now they are going to have to take off another day of work! Go me! I could swear it was suppose to be May 17th, I've had it written down for two months!! I even have it posted in my blog back in February. Anyway, I still went to see Andrea and she just took a few measurements and showed me how to use crutches and how to go up and down stairs with them as well. After that I went to Dr. Schrader's office where I found out my appointment is next week, then I went downstairs to get my lab work done, because the lady at the front desk said I could still do that. So, I went downstairs, filled out paperwork, and sat in the waiting room for about half an hour before I got called back to get my blood drawn. Once I got back there the nurse informed me that I could not get my lab work done as Dr. Schrader had not completed the paperwork for me yet! OMG! So I basically wasted my time!
So, long story short, I have to do all this again next Tuesday! Minus the PT.
On another note, my mum and brother got their blood types checked and they are not a match. So my dad, mum, little sister, and little brother all are O+; Heather, my older sister, is the only O- besides me. So this means I only have one pint of blood for my surgery, but according to Yolanda, this will still be okay as there is only a 20% chance that I will even need the blood and it's even less likely that I will need two pints.
I meet Claire on Monday, we are going to go to lunch and have a chat about all the going on. I'm excited to meet her and get to go through my surgery with her. I can't believe there is only 12 more days till surgery!!

1 comment:

  1. What a bummer with the mix-up on dates! Sounds like something I'd do though... Hope NEXT Tuesday goes well. :)
    It's coming up quick!!!

    ReplyDelete